HACSA administers various types of housing programs in Lane County for low-income individuals and families.​

Porting If you are a current Section 8 tenant and are interested in porting your Section 8 voucher jnto or out of Lane County or you are a PHA that is assisting with porting a Section 8 tenant please contact HACSA at portability [at] hacsa [dot] us.  Your request will be routed to the correct party.

Public & Multi-Family Housing
HACSA offers clean, safe, and affordable Public and Multi-Family housing units for low-income families, people with disabilities, and the elderly. We own and manage one, two, and three-bedroom units in Eugene, Springfield, Veneta, and Florence, and one-bedroom units for elderly and disabled residents in Junction City, Creswell, and Cottage Grove. Residents in these programs pay 30% of their adjusted household income for rent and utilities. Additionally, HACSA offers affordable housing units at Village Oaks and Firwood Apartments in Eugene. Residents in these programs pay a low, flat rent. Full-time students can apply for both Village Oaks and Firwood Apartments. 

Section 8 Rental Assistance
A Section 8 recipient can use a voucher to rent housing of his/her choice from a private landlord, as long as the rent amount is appropriate and the housing unit passes a Housing Quality Standard (HQS) inspection performed by HACSA. Recipients will pay approximately 30% of their adjusted monthly income for rent and utilities. With certain restrictions, HACSA will pay the landlord the approximate difference between the tenant contribution and the full rental cost.

Other Agency Owned Housing
HACSA owns, or is the general partner for, over 400 project-based subsidy and tax credit units throughout Lane County. As with Public Housing, these subsidies are tied to specific housing units and may not be used to rent housing of one's choice. Tenants pay their share of the rent directly to HACSA or to a HACSA-contracted Property Management firm.

HACSA has a number of development projects in various stages of planning.

For more detailed information on our housing programs please see the links below. General questions about HACSA programs may be submitted by using several email forms on the Email Us page. Also, see our Contact Us pages for general phone numbers and department contact information.